We empower visual artists and art organizations to challenge their status quo and build creatively and financially fulfilling businesses.
We believe that…
… Artists are an essential component of any healthy society.
… It is our social responsibility to support artists as they are an important part of the legacy we will leave to future generations.
… Creating a successful art career + business can be exciting, creative and lucrative.
… With the right plan, strategy, and support, success is inevitable – even for artists and creatives!
HOW? We offer strategic consulting services to help artists, art galleries, and other artistically-related businesses and organizations reach their professional goals. Our team’s unique knowledge of the art market positions us to share insight and build strategies that work within this unique ecosystem. We offer career and business consulting, skills and mindset trainings, and a wide range of “done for you” development services to help you cut through the noise, grow your visibility, and make more sales.
- CREATIVITY: We encourage artists to apply just as much creative and “out of the box” thinking to growing their businesses as they do to their artistic endeavors.
- FINANCIAL HEALTH: We aim to help our clients achieve financially healthy and sustainable businesses.
- GENEROSITY: Our goal is to consistently give back – through financial donations, pro-bono consulting, volunteer work, and free content.
- RIGOUR: Quality trumps quantity for us and the artists we serve.
- INTEGRITY: Honest, forthright service is the backbone of our business and a value all our team members, partners and clients must share.
Business + PR Strategist for Artists / Founder of The Artist Entrepreneur
Catherine Orer is an award-winning Business & PR Strategist and founder of The Artist Entrepreneur, where she counsels professional visual artists and creative entrepreneurs who want to build sustainable businesses and careers.
After working as a PR professional for multinational corporations, Catherine began studying the business of art at Christie's Education and working in contemporary Parisian art galleries. She later worked in a critically acclaimed gallery serving the North American art market, where she represented artists at international art fairs and worked with them one-on-one. This experience gave her the versatility and network to create The Artist Entrepreneur.
She is known for giving her clients the reality check they need to get the results they want.
Her clients say that she “totally gets it” and “makes things happen” by “bridging the gap between creativity and being business savvy.” One artist even called her “the best investment in her career.”
Catherine holds a degree in Communications and Public Relations from the University of Québec in Montréal, and completed her education in the business of art at the prestigious auction house, Christie’s, in Paris. She currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Sylvie and Simon Blais Foundation, devoted to promoting the work of contemporary artists, and lives in the beautiful small town of Bromont, Canada with her husband and two young children.
Online Business Manager, Graphics & Social Media Specialist
Shauna is basically the equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife for The Artist Entrepreneur. As our OBM, she is involved in a lot of the online processes of the business, so that Catherine can focus her valuable time + mind on the work she actually excels in: Helping artists build financially and personally fulfilling businesses. She also helps our clients with their graphic design as well as their social media needs.
Translator, Editor & All Around Administrative Support
Suzanne is our language specialist. Fluent in both French and English, she can review any document for spelling, grammar, clarity and style. In addition, she can translate both ways. Her solid background as an Administrative Assistant could come handy should you need any help with that kind of tasks.
Content Specialist, Writer & Editor
Dakota helps creative and heart-led entrepreneurs clarify, polish, and amplify their message through effective writing and sensitive editing. She pairs her own experience as a creative entrepreneur with her background in journalism and technical writing to craft text that clearly communicates the unique essence behind your vision. When not writing or editing, she hones her own artistic and crafting skills, cooks up a storm in the kitchen, and reads voraciously.
- Creative Empire Podcast: How to Brand in The Art Market With Catherine Orer
- ArtLicensingShow.com: Want Extra Publicity For Your Licensing Deal? Here’s Your Three Step How To!
- Colored Pencil Mag: Ready to go Pro 6? Steps to Get You Started
- Advance Your Art Podcast: Why Artist’s Shouldn’t Hide From Money
- ART PRO Podcast: Catherine Orer of The Artist Entrepreneur Network
- Artist in Business Podcast: Practical Tips To Expand Your Brand For Your Business With Your Art
- The Huffington Post: I'm a regular contributor to The Huffington Post US
- Cracking Creativity Podcast: The Multiple Paths to Success, the Importance of Gratitude, and Becoming Part of a Community
- YFS Magazine: 3 Of The Best Things I Ever Did To Grow My Startup
- The Abundant Artist: Becoming an Artist Leader in Your Community
- ART PRO GO SHOW Podcast: Marketing Your Art With Catherine Orer
- The Artian: 5 Habits Leaders And Entrepreneurs Can Learn From Artists
- ArtPromotivate: The Difference Between Giving Away and Giving Back and Why I Recommend The Latter
- EmptyEasel: 4 Reasons Why You Should Increase Your Artwork Prices Soon
- Roooar: 4 Reasons Why #LadyBosses Thrive at Doing Their Own PR